"A collection of musings by someone old enough to know better"
viyfv
vovb

Thou shalt not forget where I came from


I have uttered the phrase "I could really do with my mum right now" more in the past week than I have ever done in entire adult life thus far.

But to be fair (and to hopefully restore some of my dwindling self respect) I don't mean it in the traditional "I want my Mummy" way; with hugs and kind words, Oh no not at the Jones's, thats certainly not how we roll back home.

If there is one thing us Jones women are notorious for it's our "Man Up" approach (and our "Thunder Thighs" which is worryingly an asset in Wigan, but Im aware that is two things, well three if you count both thighs)

This said my Mother is certainly a Jones when it comes to lending me a shoulder; A good brew and a "Go on then spit it out" look of hers is the best remedy to my sulks, and her advice, however unwelcome at the time, is usually spot on.

Plus she usually softens the blow of pointing out how much of a mountain I am making out of a molehill with homemade Ginger Cake.

She is the bestest.

No comments: