"A collection of musings by someone old enough to know better"
viyfv
vovb

Thou Shalt Not Disrespect your elders


My Nan is a comedy genius.

She just doesn't know it.



"Have you heard that your cousin Jason has gone and got himself an OBE?"

"Jason? Are you sure Nan?"

"Aye"

"Jason? Joy riding Jason?"

"It's in the paper, See here"

"No Nan, he's got an ASBO not and OBE"

"Oh bloody hell and I've just sent your Grandad out for a card"





"So apparently our Jim's youngest Sharon wont be getting early release in time for Christmas this year"

"Skirting over the fact that I have no idea who that is, why wont this mystery woman be getting early release?"

"Oh you do, she used to babysit you when you were little"

"Great you left me in the hands of a convict, unsurprising really"

"Dont be melodramatic, anyway they said she couldn't keep off the grass"

"Right"

"I thought that was a bit strict mind, not being allowed to walk on the grass, though I suppose rules are rules"

"I'm pretty certain they don't mean that sort of grass Nan"



My Nan is by far the best storyteller I have ever met, she makes a cracking a brew and is always the first to laugh at herself.

Stellar life lesssons I hope you'll agree.

No comments: